December 31st - Goodbye 21, Hello 22

As this year comes to an end it is time to look back on the last year and look ahead to the next. Many people around me have been telling me how much they will be glad to see the back of 2021 and how horrible the last year has been and yet I really don't think it's been that bad has it? 
I think I have a very different way of looking at things, I always have done, for as long as I can remember I've always been a 'glass half full' kinda guy. 

When I look back at the last year I am very aware of the bad things that have happened, the ongoing problems the world is going through, but I find that I really don't focus on any of the bad things, I focus on the good things. The holiday's that I've been on, the shows I have seen, the new friends I have made and the adventures I have had.  When I do look back with that positive attitude then wow it has been an incredible year. 
I needed to finish off the year right so I started early this morning by going for a run with Chris in a local country park, it's been rather mild recently so easy to run shirt free. This was followed by a swim at Southsea beach with my lovely friends Ann and Mark. Now I am chilling out wondering what the future holds for me. 

The future - actually I've been thinking about this for a while. I need a goal, a challenge to complete. My friend Robin runs all the time, in 2021 he has run a total of 1555 miles (insane) and next year he is hoping to run 2022 miles (even more insane but that's why he's awesome). So I have taken his amazing example on board and I have set my own goals to complete, no where near as much as Robin but still a bit of a challenge for me. 

So here they are, my 2022 goals for the year
1 - run at least 300 miles
2 - run as many Parkruns as possible 
3 - swim in the sea at least 150 times 
4 - all of the above to be done shirtless 

So there you have it, unless you have any suggestions?  😁

Thanks 2021, hello 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August 7th - Mr Fox and Mr Badger

December 6th - Parkrun Dilemma

Beginning to Feel Alive - Part 1