Winter shirtless season is here

Winter is well and truly on its way, and my shirtless adventures continue. I'm a regular parkrunner, and I usually run at Southsea parkrun, but this week it was cancelled due to storm damage. So, I decided to head to Chichester parkrun instead.

I woke up and got ready, planning to catch the train to Chichester parkrun. But when I saw an alert that all trains had been cancelled, I hopped in my car and headed off in the pouring rain. On arrival, I joined the small, friendly group of runners and chatted to a couple of people. I hadn't taken my t-shirt off yet, but when the race director started his talk and everyone's focus was on him, I used that opportunity to slip it off without anyone noticing.

The Chichester parkrun course is a 4-lap loop of the sports fields, and it has a strange shape. As we started off, I was nervous about what people would think of me running shirtless. I'm not usually too worried about it at Southsea, where everyone knows me, but this was my first time at Chichester parkrun, and I wasn't sure how people would react.

I started off well and heard someone say, "Oh, you're really going for it!" The route was pretty muddy, but I had my trail shoes on, so it was no problem. Towards the end of the second lap, the heavens opened, and everyone was drenched. For a good five minutes, it was raining hard, and two people commented that I had the right idea by not wearing a shirt.

Onto the third lap now. The sun was starting to come out, and one of the marshals pointed upwards to a fantastic rainbow filling the sky. It was such a happy moment and gave me a boost, which was great. Eventually, I finished the fourth lap and made it to the finish line without anyone even bothering to mention the fact that I was shirtless.

Overall, Chichester parkrun was a great course and had a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August 7th - Mr Fox and Mr Badger

December 6th - Parkrun Dilemma

Beginning to Feel Alive - Part 1