Beginning to Feel Alive - Part 2


As a kid I used to hate taking my t-shirt off, actually I tell a lie, I used to hate taking my jumper off, I wore long sleeved tops all the time and I always remember my mum trying to peel my layers off me on the hot days, I was such a weird kid. I am not sure what that habit was all about, I think it was the fact that I hated the idea of people seeing me uncovered, what would people think of me if they saw my skin? it was often a fairly big deal to take my jumper off revealing a short sleeved t-shirt, bare arms wow the shock and horror of it all, as I say I was a weird kid. 


There were a fair few instances as a kid, on hot days when I was feeling super brave I would actually take my t-shirt off (or maybe it was my mum who forced me to take my t-shirt off?), when that happened I actually found myself enjoying the air on my skin, I loved the freedom of not wearing a shirt and generally felt good about it all.

Rob in school jumper mode

As I moved through my teens I braved taking my t-shirt off in the summertime here and there but it was nothing major. I always wished I could go shirtless more but I was always worried what others would think of me. I always had worries running through my head, what if people see me? what will they think of me? What if someone says something?, In all honesty people probably don't even care a single bit and its not been until later years I came to realise that. One of the strange parts of all of this is that I had no problem whatsoever wearing shorts, I have (and still do) worn shorts a lot of the time, I find them comfortable and as times have changed I have found myself wearing shorts nearly all of the time year round, my legs do not really feel the cold and I find them more comfortable so why not, I always like to tell people that my knees are solar powered. 


To be Continued . . . . . 

Rob

Beginning to Feel Alive - Part 3

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

December 6th - Parkrun Dilemma

August 7th - Mr Fox and Mr Badger