Beginning to Feel Alive - Part 3

Before I go any further I would like to get something straight, I have never taken my shirt off in public to show off my body, I do try to stay a little in shape but seriously that is NOT what this is all about. As I have grown older I have noticed the pounds start to pile on and I am now on a constant battle to prevent gaining weight, to combat this problem I try to jog to keep fit, It was in the run up to my 40th birthday I decided to sign up to a Tough Mudder, a 10 mile cross country running event with lots of crazy obstacles along the way. 

Spartan race 2021


The Tough Mudder provided me with the motivation to stay fit and gave me something to work towards.  It was in the build up to the Tough Mudder that I had noticed photos of some guys running the event shirt free, It didn't take much for me to decide that I HAD to do the Tough Mudder without a shirt on. Since that first Tough Mudder I have taken part in a further 6 Tough Mudders, a London River Rat Race, an X Runner and 2 Spartan races, all in shorts and running shoes and no shirt. 



As I have explained I LOVE the cold water swims, I also love the feeling of the freedom I get from being out in a pair of shorts and no shirt, It makes me feel alive and fills me with energy. I currently swim in the sea 3 or 4 times a week and usually only wear my swimming trunks (maybe a woolly hat too), the way I see it it is fairly normal to go swimming in just swimming trunks therefore I have no problems stripping down and doing it. When it comes to the running or hiking I do struggle to have the confidence to actually step outside and go for a run or go on a hike without a shirt on, I have no problem with the cold or bad weather, I personally think its healthy when done sensibly, what I have a problem with is the worry I have of what others think of me, I also hate the idea of making other people uncomfortable.

To be continued . . . . . . 

Beginning to Feel Alive - Part 4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 6th - Parkrun Dilemma

August 7th - Mr Fox and Mr Badger

Beginning to Feel Alive - Part 2