November 28th - Ice Puddles

    I think things are getting easier, today it was time for another run with my 2 mates Chris and Matt, the last few days I have been watching the weather forecast, we have recently been hit by Storm Arwen and usually when we get a storm it lasts for a few days, Storm Arwen however turned up here on Friday evening and was gone by Saturday night, that is the kind of storm I can deal with. 

    The temperature however is another story, after last weeks run in 6° C the temps took a sudden drop through the week and whilst I was waiting to be picked up this morning I recorded a temp of 1°, wow it was going to be one chilly run but I was still determined to do it shirt free. 

    Last week Matt joined me in being shirt free about half way through the run, I didn't know if he would this week because the temps were much lower, I had psyched myself up through the week and was actually really looking forward to the run, its always a good opportunity to catch up with my 2 good mates. On arrival we were getting ready and I checked the temperature again - exactly 0°C, not the coldest temps I've been out in without a top on but not far off. I took my hoody off getting a sudden blast of cold air on my body and it felt fine. I really am getting used to it. I was also impressed with Matt as he did the same, not a care in the world, he just went for it. 
Rob, Chris and Matt


    The run was great, 5.5km through the forests of Hampshire, plenty of ice puddles around, lots of dog walkers too and we got some funny comments like "its not THAT warm". I honestly felt very comfortable with the temps today and once I am running I really don't feel that cold, once we finished our run we wrapped up warm and headed home. What a great run it was. 

    Todays run really helped to enforce some ideas in my head, its not the conditions that put me off going without a shirt on, I can deal with the cold and bad weather, my main problem is worrying what others think and I AM learning to deal with that. I have spent my life hiding the fact that I like to go shirtless and each trip out helps me more, as I say, I think things are getting easier.

dodgy mid run action photo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 6th - Parkrun Dilemma

August 7th - Mr Fox and Mr Badger

Beginning to Feel Alive - Part 2