November 22nd - Hayling swim with friends

    I have known Ann for years, she was once a customer and is now a very good friend of mine, a year ago we found out that we both liked cold water swimming and she soon became my regular swimming partner. We swim around 3 times a week together and today we were joined by another regular swimming friend called Rachael.

    This morning I really noticed the nip in the air as I left home, the wind was coming from the north and the skies were clear and so it was about 5° outside, I always make the silly decision to drive down to the beach with the the van heating on full blast.

Me (left), Rachael (middle) and Ann (right)

    After a chat we ventured into the sea, as always we all just wear our swimming costumes, I have always been against wearing a wetsuit, for me this is all about getting cold and being at one with nature. It doesn't take too long to get in, after several years of regular swimming you would think that I would get used to it, it still takes a few moments to get my shoulders under but I find that if you concentrate on your breathing it becomes much easier. 




    I rarely time how long we swim for, It feels like we currently do around 10 to 12 minutes, sometimes I will swim out to the bouy and back and on those days I think we are in for a longer time. Today we had a small swim and then bobbed around in the sea chatting. It was a very calm sea and with the clear blue skies it felt amazing. 
After Swim Happiness

    Ann is amazing as she always brings a flask of tea or coffee, perfect for warming up after the swim although I was not too shivery today. The rest of the day I shall spend full of energy and amazingly happy.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 6th - Parkrun Dilemma

August 7th - Mr Fox and Mr Badger

Beginning to Feel Alive - Part 2