Beginning to Feel Alive - Part 1

    Hello everyone, so, where to begin? do I start at the beginning? this is so hard for me to explain, let me start a just few years ago.

    It was just after Christmas and I found myself being invited to join someone for a swim in the sea on New Years Day, for some reason I jumped at the chance, That morning I packed my trunks and towel and headed on down to the beach to find my friends all wrapped up in their wetsuits, and there I was with just my swimming trunks.    I still did the swim, feeling the freezing cold water move up my body, like a 1000 needles piercing into my skin, it was torture but I soon got my shoulders under and a few minutes later I was walking back up the beach with a massive smile on my face, boy did I feel great.



    The New Years dip in the cold sea marked a point in my life when I realised something, the cold makes me feel amazing, how can I explain it, when people ask me I always say it makes me feel alive, I have never done drugs but I can imagine that the natural high I get from my cold water swims is similar to the high people experience from drugs.    When I swim I feel the stresses of life melt away and for the rest of the day I am filled with an amazing boost of energy.

    For many years I have suffered from a winter depression but in recent years I have said goodbye to that and I put it down to the cold water swimming, My mental state is now so much better and for the first time in my life I actually look forward to the coming winter months.

To be Continued . . . 

Rob

Beginning to Feel Alive - Part 2

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

December 6th - Parkrun Dilemma

August 7th - Mr Fox and Mr Badger

Beginning to Feel Alive - Part 2